COVID-19 Office Procedures
The Canadian Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre is taking the following steps to keep patients & staff safe and to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19:
- Requiring all those who enter to wear a face covering (eg. mask, scarf) during their visit
- Encouraging social distancing of 6 feet as well as opening a second waiting room
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas such as door knobs, debit machines, chairs, counters, pens, handrails. This is in addition to the already stringent Infection Prevention & Control Policy
- Expanded office hours and discouraging walk-ins
- Removed magazines, toys, brochures, candy jar from the waiting area/reception
- Installed hand hygiene station at entrance and exit in addition to those already installed in each treatment room.
- Encouraging electronic forms of payment
- Installed new sterilization centre to surpass the highest standards
- Installed Plexiglass barriers at reception for staff/patient safety
- Use of single front entrance and separate side exit
- Removed upholstery chairs and replaced with easy clean chairs
- Screening of staff for symptoms of COVID-19
- Triple screening of patients for signs & symptoms of COVID-19
- Coat hook and shoe mats in each treatment room instead of in a common area
- Declining to see patients who have screened positive for COVID-19 until cleared by Niagara Region Public Health
If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have recently come in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19, have travelled internationally recently, or are waiting on your COVID-19 test results, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for your cooperation during these challenging times.